Application Architect at Tipp Focus Resourcing
Primary responsibilities and specific tasks will include the following:
Define the current architecture of the application and identify the problems it contains.
- Recommend, develop and maintain various Deeds Registry application architecture plans
- Ensure application architecture is aligned with other architecture areas in support of business strategy and registry program plan.
- Provide advice and recommendations to Architecture and Planning leadership on proposed enhancements to the existing application landscape.
Refine and/or redesign application architecture to be more cost effective, including the optimal selection of technologies, practices and
application delivery skills
- Recommend, develop and implement various activities related to architecture design, development and maintenance
- Manage JAD sessions and interviews to define application architecture.
- Identify and recommend appropriate technologies that provide the best return on investment in accordance with Deeds Registration’s environmental, functional and non-functional assessment.
- Organizes meetings related to the designated project(s)/program(s) to align the application architecture according to the defined architecture roadmap.
- Monitor industry and communities of practice to stay abreast of architecture developments.
Ensure application design(s) meet service level agreements (SLAs) or product acceptance criteria for availability and performance.
- Liaise and build relationships with internal and external clients
- Develop and define high-level application architecture requirements for
facilitate the execution of the deeds registration strategy.
- Coordinate and ensure harmonious working relationships between
application development players.
- Set up and manage development teams.
Document and improve architectural approaches, service design and
development processes and approaches.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for existing and new applications.
- Promote knowledge sharing on the app landscape through app trainings and workshops for stakeholders and peers.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the application architecture development and management process.
- Contribute to improving the application development and maintenance process.
Qualifications/certification and experience
- National Baccalaureate or Diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- 5 years of relevant experience in an IT environment.
- Knowledge of TOGAF and GWEA framework.
- Progressive experience as a senior developer in large IT projects including support.
- Previous experience as a project architect and/or team leader.
- Database experience with Oracle, MS SQL Server.
- Experience with Oracle’s full technology stack.
- Development experience with CSS and XSLT.
- Experience with SOAP/XML and REST APIs.
- Application Architect
- MS SQL server
- GWEA framework