Download Minecraft: Java Edition (Free) PC, Mac
Minecraft is a sandbox game in which you can design large structures and objects from cubic blocks. The goal of the game, seemingly simple, is to build the day to survive the night. You will find yourself in a totally unknown world with mountains, valleys, trees and animals. As night falls, monsters will appear, so the shelters you have built during the day should be safe enough to hide and save your life.
History and background
In Minecraft, you are the creator of your own story based on every choice you make in a world where everything from the ground to the sun is cube-shaped. It should be noted that in 2018 an interactive series based on his universe, Minecraft: Story Mode, was released. In this story, you’ll begin a journey with Jesse and his friends Olivia, Petra, Axel, and Ruben on their quest for The Order of the Stone, a group of heroes who will help them save their world. In the film, you will be able to make real-time decisions and shape the story just as you can in the books where you are the hero.
- Every world is unique: First, you will create a rich and unique procedurally generated world. In this randomly generated world, you will be able to use a map, view the places you have already explored and what you still have to go. You will also have access to an inventory of objects.
- Blocks: Blocks are the basic components of the game. They are made of different materials and have different characteristics: some will be opaque, some will emit light, some will not stand alone, etc. them. All of them can be collected, harvested and used for different purposes.
- Explore, build and progress: As described below, there are several modes and the objectives will change from one to another. Depending on your choice, you will have to explore the areas and interact with different objects. In addition, in almost all of them you will have to gather materials to be able to build and protect yourself.
- Day and night cycles: Minecraft manages day and night cycles, each day lasts 20 minutes. In some game modes, you may receive attacks during the night, so you should focus on building shelter during the day.
- Protect yourself and take care of yourself: In addition to protecting yourself from hostile creatures, you will have to feed your character, avoid drowning, falling or getting stuck in one of the blocks in the world.
minecraft has a very unique and beautiful graphic style where everything is created from cubes in a 3D world. The design may seem look like retro games but in a more stylish way. You will be able to select your graphics settings based on your graphics card performance, including Fast, Detailed, or Fabulous! You can even refine the aesthetics of the game using mods like OptiFine.
Minecraft is an open-world sandbox where you can switch between first-person and third-person perspective camera. It also allows you to play alone or with other players via local or remote connection.
There are several game modes with different levels of difficulty:
- survival mode: Survival is the main mode, where players will have to focus on building a safe place to protect themselves from creatures that lurk during the night.
- Creative Fashion: Creative is the best option for new players because you won’t be attacked and you can move around the map without any limitations, including resources, and explore mechanics without any problems. Basically, it’s god mode.
- Adventure Mode: In Adventure mode, you will have access to other players’ maps, you will not be able to build or destroy, but you will be able to interact with different objects.
- Extreme fashion: Extreme Mode is the hard version of Survival Mode, where you will only have one life and the creatures will be more aggressive and do more damage. If you die, the game is over and you lose everything. This mode is suitable for experienced players.
In addition to the original version that we offer you here (Java Edition), there are also other versions such as Minecraft Dungeons, Minecraft: Education Edition and Minecraft Earth, not to mention the huge amount of mods created by the community.
What are the critics saying?
Minecraft is one of the most played and recognized titles of the last decade. On review aggregator Metacritic, it was rated with a score of 93/100.
“Minecraft is less a game than a giant toy chest where everyone can shape their own experience. Minecraft is one of the most important creations in video games, and its influence will lead to new and exciting ways of perceiving worlds. digital and their potential.(GameOver.gr)
Minecraft is rated PEGI 7. When an enemy is defeated, they disintegrate into cubes before disappearing completely. There is no explicit violence or foul language. The only thing that may bother children is that some of the characters they will meet may be a bit scary (spiders, zombies, monsters, etc.).
- Operating system: Windows 7 or higher.
- Processor: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent.
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM
- Chart: Nvidia GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4.
- Storage: 1 GB of available space.