Download the new Kali Linux 2022.3
Offensive Security has released the third version of Kali Linux. It is designed for hackers and security researchers to perform security audits, penetration testingand cybersecurity research.
The company decided to release Kali Linux 2022.3 with the Black Hat BSides LV security conference and DefCon. Version 2022.3 has many new features, including VM improvements, new tools, and improved ARM support.
Now the development platform will use Linux Kernel 5.18.5. Here are the essential features of the latest version of Kali Linux.
Offensive Security has launched a new discord server called Kali Linux & Friends, exclusively for the Kali community to come together and enjoy real-time discussion about different company community projects outside of Kali-Linux.
The company aims to launch hour-long interactive sessions with the Kali community after each new release so developers can discuss queries on Discord, share contributions, and more. The first session will be held on Tuesday August 16, 2022.
Include virtual machines
Since the beginning, Kali Linux images have been available on VirtualBox and VMware. With the new release, Offensive Security will start distributing the VirtualBox image as a VDI disk, the native format for VirtualBox images. It downloads faster, is easier to use, and the images have a better compression ratio than OVA images.
Here is the latest set of tools added to the third version of Kali Linux.
- BruteShark – Network Analysis Tool
- phpsploit – Stealth post-exploitation framework
- shellfire – Exploiting LFI/RFI vulnerabilities and injecting commands
- SprayingToolkit – Password spraying attacks against Lync/S4B, OWA and O365
- DefectDojo – Open source application vulnerability correlation and security orchestration tool
Source: Offensive Security
Kali NetHunter Updates
Offensive Security has introduced six new cores to its NetHunter Repository and updated the NetHunter app. ARM updates include:
- Upgrading Raspberry Pi devices to 5.15.
- Setting the boot partition of all Kali AR devices to 256MB.
- Launch arm.kali.org for kali-arm overview and statistics.
Suspended sleep modes have been removed from Pinebook and USBArmory MKII has been ported to u-boot version 2022.04.
Kali Tools Documentation
The company also introduced Kali documentation as an operating system, called Kali-tools. This is the Kali tools documentation. Additionally, the kali-tools repository is also open to allow community contributions and get general information about all the tools.
Test lab environment
Also, part of the new release is an updated kali-Linux-labs package to include Damn Vulnerable Web Application and OWASP Juice Shop.
How to upgrade to Kali Linux 2022.3?
You must upgrade your current installation to use Kali Linux 2022.3. Select a platform or download ISO images for new installs and live distributions. If you are running Kali on Windows Subsystem for Linux, use WSL2 for a superior experience with additional support for graphical applications.
Read related news
- Kali Linux 2020.1 Released – Download Now
- Download Kali Linux 2019.1 with Metasploit 5.0
- Download Kali Linux from Microsoft Store and use it on Windows 10
- Download Kali Linux 2022.1 with new tools and wider SSH compatibility
- Kali Linux 2021.4 with Samba compatibility, Apple M1 support, 9 new tools