Emergency security update released; download immediately
Alphabet-owned Google has released an update to its web browser called Chrome. The update contains fixes for several security-related issues present in the browser. Additionally, users are advised to update their Google Chrome browsers immediately as it contains an emergency fix for a zero hour vulnerability which could have been exploited by bad actors or attackers. Learn more about the Google Chrome vulnerability and the Google Chrome update that fixes it below.
Google Chrome Vulnerability Names
The Indian IT emergency response team, long for CERT, recently issued a warning about critical vulnerabilities in Google Chrome. In its warning, CERT asks Chrome users to immediately upgrade to the new browser version. A report published on December 14, 2021 by CERT indicates that “several vulnerabilities have been reported in Google Chrome which could be exploited by a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the target system”.
How do I download the latest Google Chrome update?
- Open the Google Chrome browser
- In a navigation window, head to the three dots located in the upper right corner of the interface
- Locate and click on the option that says “Settings”
- In it, click on the “three lines” menu located in the upper left corner of the screen
- At the bottom of the menu, click on an option that says “About Chrome”
- When a user opens it, Chrome will automatically detect if a stable update is available for the user.