Free Download Visual Studio Code: PC
- Intuitive interface: VSCode is easy to use thanks to an interface that integrates different themes, debuggers and commands. It is suitable for both beginners and advanced users.
- Software development: This application allows you to edit, debug, compile, deploy and perform almost all actions related to writing and managing code. Its main focus includes developing websites, web applications, APIs, etc.
- Syntax coloring : Allows you to distinguish the elements of your code. Additionally, you can customize the behavior of this feature to our liking.
- Error warnings: Visual Studio Code warns you about syntax errors you make and, in some cases, even suggests how to fix them.
- Brace highlighting: Facilitates the correct indentation of your code and the ability to detect if some of them are misplaced or missing.
- Code redesign: VSCode helps you to optimize your code, without modifying its behavior. You will receive style suggestions, but also functional feedback regarding the use of your variables, classes and methods.
How to use Visual Studio Code?
As we mentioned before, VSCode has an infinite number of possibilities and its use will depend on the programming language of your choice. First of all, you will have to install Visual Studio Code on your hard drive.
The video below explains everything you need to know to get started with Visual Studio Code:
Visual Studio vs. Visual Studio Code
Many users have wondered what the difference is between these two solutions. The main difference is that Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) while Visual Studio Code is a code editor and debugger. These two terms are often confused and have nothing to do with each other, although in principle they can be very similar. Visual Studio Code and Visual Code are both developed by Microsoft.
An IDE includes more advanced tools which are used to design, compile and test programming languages. A code editor, like Visual Studio Code, is more focused on writing, interpreting, and debugging code for websites and apps.
Is VSCode free?
Visual Studio Code is a free software for private and commercial use.
The VSCode version available on this page is for the Windows application of this coding software. If you are looking for a Visual Studio Code Mac or Visual Studio Code Ubuntu version, you can find them on the Visual Studio Code website.
- Operating system: Windows (7, 8 and 10), macOS X 10.11 or Linux (Ubuntu, Debian and Redhat).
- Processor: 1.6 GHz or higher.
- Memory: 1 GB RAM.
- Storage: 500 MB of free disk space.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is also required for VSCode.