Halo Infinite Beta Times, Modes, Download and Full Schedule
Halo Infinite multiplayer beta testing has taken place as the game’s full release date approaches. The latest happened last weekend for 4v4 Slayer and another is coming for Big Team Battle this coming weekend. . 343 Industries has gone through all the details of its latest installment in the Inside Infinite series, and we’re rounding up the key dates and details below. This includes the beta dates, how to download the beta client, what you can play it, and the exact times you can play.
How to access the beta version of Halo Infinite
To play the Halo Infinite beta, you’ll need to keep an eye out for an email from Halo Waypoint, which you will only receive if you have already signed up for the Halo Insider program. For the second weekend, being in this program guarantees you access. You don’t need to be in the program for Xbox consoles, although PC gamers still need to register, but should get automatic access.
Once you receive this email, you will see that it will mention the Halo Waypoint website, and if you are on PC, copy the key available on the site and enter it through Steam. If you’re on Xbox, ignore this message and open the Xbox Insider Hub app on your Xbox console, where you’ll see Halo Infinite listed in the Previews section. Here’s a step-by-step recap for that:
- Go to the Store on Xbox One or Xbox Series X | S
- Install the Xbox Insider Hub app
- Choose the “Previews” section in the app
- Choose Halo Infinite – Insider
- Accept the terms and conditions once you have registered
- Download the Halo Infinite Client – Insider
- Launch the client like any other standard game
- Weekend 1 (Completed): Killer 4v4 (September 23-26)
- Weekend 2: Big Team Battle (September 30-October 3)
Halo Infinite Betas will only be available for a set period of hours each day. “Matchmaking will only be active for a set amount of time each day to help us test our servers against the highest possible competition,” 343 said. ‘is essential to our primary goal of making sure our online services are ready for launch. “
Here is the program, with the first weekend concluded deleted:
WEEKEND 2 (BIG TEAM BATTLE & ARENA)
- Thursday evening September 30:
- Flight access is enabled
- Training mode and weapon exercises become available
- Friday October 1 at 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 to 9 p.m. PT: Matchmaking available
- Saturday October 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. PT: Matchmaking available
- Sunday October 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. PT: Matchmaking available
- Sunday, October 3 at 9 p.m. PT: Surveys are sent to part of Halo Insiders
- Monday, October 4 at 10 a.m. PT: flight access closed
- Wednesday, October 6 at 10 a.m. PT: Halo support site closed
Halo Infinite’s training mode, weapon drills, battle pass, and customization options will be available when matchmaking is offline.
How to enter
You will need a code to access the beta version of the PC, assuming you have already registered. On Xbox, everyone has access for the second weekend. You also don’t need Xbox Live Gold to play the beta.
In addition to testing the servers, beta testing will help 343 find bugs – by turning to the community. The studio encouraged people to report bugs to the developer if they ran into any issues. The studio said it will also keep an eye on social media to track down bugs reported by the community. For these flights, testing the hardware configurations of the PCs and collecting information on the efficiency of large-scale services will be the focus.
Here’s a quick rundown of what will be included in upcoming Halo Infinite multiplayer tests:
- Social Arena (including objective modes and a new map on Sunday, September 26)
- Bot Arena (including objective modes)
- Big Team Battle (start September 30 to October 3)
- Three modes on fragmentation
- Training mode
- Weapons exercises
- Battle pass
- New Halo Waypoint Web Apps and Experiences
The Battle Pass in particular has already undergone some changes based on player feedback, with levels going from 20 to 30, and buggy challenges have been fixed.
Halo Infinite’s first multiplayer beta test took place in July and was mostly focused on matches against bots. These new tests are bigger and more exciting as they feature live matches against other human players and, in the case of BTB, offer a first hands-on experience with the mode, which increases the maximum number of players to 12v12.
Halo Infinite is scheduled for December 8. The multiplayer element is a free standalone game, while the campaign is included with Xbox Game Pass.
GameSpot may earn a commission on retail offers.