Head of Application Development at Bidvest Bank
Guide the development efforts of the IT division to ensure a holistic set of applications suitable for use within the Bank.
- Levels and quality of service delivery as experienced by internal and external stakeholders.
- Interpret business / customer requirements to deliver solutions on time.
- Responsiveness: speed of responses, reaction time, going the extra mile, turnaround time
- Customer satisfaction level of clients
- Outputs are the result of “customer service” activities. Understands the value of advising clients and / or stakeholders.
- Maintain and develop improvements for daily applications.
- Assist with the change of applications and reports.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with applications and processes.
- Make rapid progress in the development of the enterprise architecture plan
- Comply with technical requirements while ensuring the quality code
- Design and develop systems in terms of quality, appropriate documentation, as well as compliance with the enterprise architecture plan.
- Provide development efforts on time.
- All development efforts should be completed as part of the change control process.
- Adheres to coding standards
Adhere to source control policies and guidelines
- Develop talent by facilitating cross-training, development, coaching, mentoring and growth of individuals and teams in the business unit. Encourages career advancement efforts.
- Demonstrates support for learning.
- Ensures that effective training and development practices exist in the BU and that lifelong learning is encouraged.
- Responsible for providing an environment in which employees can apply what they have learned.
- Supports and strengthens the application of newly acquired skills. Rewards the application of newly acquired skills and knowledge. Fosters a climate of continuous learning.
- Encourages employees to take personal ownership of their professional development.
- Provides qualified coaching and mentoring
- Keeps employees on a development continuum
- Integrates training into the daily routine of employees and encourages them to tap into the knowledge of their colleagues and set performance improvement goals.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all subordinates in a conscientious and responsible manner
- Track progress and behavioral issues with subordinates
- Guide subordinates in terms of technical requirements for applications
- To ensure that the correct documentation is produced in accordance with these applications
- Ensure on-time delivery of all development efforts
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Ensures the quality of coding produced by developers and advises them on how to create better quality code.
- Contribution to making the department a great place to work
- Contribution to teamwork (Level of teamwork, responsibility, delivery, quality and speed of shared information, contribution to the efficiency and effectiveness of the area.
- Effort to forge and maintain quality interpersonal relationships.
- Take responsibility for achieving operational objectives in own area of control
- Support and drive the fundamental values of the company
- Maintain a positive attitude and lead
- Promote harmony and teamwork
- Promote knowledge sharing
- Show willingness to help others
- Open to comments and constructive criticism of performance
- Coach, train and actively empower internal and external team members to create an understanding of skills and specialties
- Oversee team efforts and give advice as needed.
- A close bond is necessary and important between the people occupying this role.
- Close interactions between all members of IT and the business to ensure requests are handled correctly and efficiently.
- Help support staff resolve help desk calls
- Receive ad hoc requests from internal and external parties, then respond appropriately.
- National Diploma (Computer Programming or similar)
- BSc in Information Technology or Computer Science
- MCSD (Microsoft Certified Systems Developer)
- 10 years of experience in the design, development and implementation of systems – 3 to 5 years of management experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- VS# [URL Removed]
- .Net Core – SQL Server
- MVC / ASP.Net – WCF / WebAPI – Entity Framework
- Problem Solving – Unit Tests
- K2 Blackpearl- Azure- Mobile development- WPF
- SQL Server Reporting Services – Attention to Detail
- Time management – Leadership
- Team work
- Initiative – Adaptability
- Compliance – Communication
- Manage others
- Global Thinking
- Persuasion – Orientation towards excellence
- Planning and organization
- Decision making
WORKING CONDITIONS (office / on site / travel)
- Computer science
- Systems design
Desired qualification level: