How to download and install Vivaldi web browser on Linux
This tutorial is for downloading and installing the Vivaldi web browser on Linux. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to download and install Vivaldi web browser on Linux. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check out how to download and install Vivaldi web browser on Linux
Vivaldi has many notable features among which Vivaldi’s “browser customization” allows users to customize the entire browser. Another notable feature is the “tab management”. Tabs can be organized with “Tab Stacks” feature which helps us to group multiple tabs into one. Tabs can be arranged in each corner of the browser window. Vivaldi is constantly updated, so it is also a very safe browser to use under Linux.
Install Vivaldi on Linux
Vivaldi is available as an RPM and DEB package for 32-bit and 64-bit Linux operating systems. Just go to the download page, download the respective package and install Vivaldi in your Linux environment. Most Linux users prefer command mode for installing and uninstalling software, so we’ll cover that in detail.
For Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint and other Debian based Linux
Log into your respective Linux distribution as a user with Sudo access, open the terminal and run the following command in order to install Vivaldi on Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint and other Debian based Linux. First, import the public key using the wget command provided below.
- wget -qO- https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add –
Next, add the Vivaldi repository.
- sudo add-apt-repository ‘deb https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/deb/ stable main’
Update the package index.
Run the following command to complete the installation.
- sudo apt install vivaldi-stable
DNF (Fedora, RHEL and CentOS)
Log into your system, open terminal and run the following command to install Vivaldi browser on RHEL, CentOS and Fedora Linux Distribution using DNF – package manager. Add the Vivaldi repository.
- sudo dnf config-manager – add-repo https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/vivaldi-fedora.repo
Now run the following command to complete the instillation.
- sudo dnf install vivaldi-stable
Log into your system, open terminal and run the following command to install Vivaldi browser on OpenSUSE Linux Distribution using Zypper package manager. Add the repository.
- sudo zypper ar https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/vivaldi-suse.repo
Just run the following command to complete the installation.
- sudo zypper in vivaldi-stable
You can use the respective method to start the Vivaldi browser for each Linux distribution. For Ubuntu, go to Activities and research and select to launch the browser. It starts with an initial setup wizard where you can configure different aspects of the browser. This is fed by an assistant. Select the option you like and click the Continue button. So let’s start….
- Select Set as Default if you want Vivaldi to be the default browser or cancel the button.
- If you are already using Firefox, Chrome, you can import settings from these browsers.
- Choose one of the options according to your preferences in the ad tracking and blocking settings.
- There are some good themes available like Human, Hot Pink, Subtle. Select the one you liked.
- You can customize the tab bar. Someone might want to put it on the top, bottom, left, or right. Position the tab as desired.
- If you want, you can start with Notes, Web Panel, or Tab Tile.
- Click on Finish.
Final Words: How to Download and Install Vivaldi Web Browser on Linux
hope you will understand this item How to download and install Vivaldi web browser on Linux, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.