How to download and play The Sims 4 for free
The Sims 4 has become free! With millions of players and a vibrant community, The Sims 4 is a great game for building houses and even building your own virtual society.
If you are eager to get into the game, but don’t want to shell out the money for it, this is your chance. Here’s how you can download The Sims 4 for free, no matter what gaming platform you’re on.
How to get The Sims 4 on Windows
EA Games first released The Sims 4 for Windows. The game was released in disc and digital format only in 2014. However, a lot has changed since then. To get The Sims 4, you need to download the game through Steam or the EA app.
Steam is one of many applications and websites from which you can download games. Therefore, it makes sense that EA offers its games there. Here’s how to get The Sims 4 on Steam.
- Launch the Steam app, type The Sims 4 in the search bar and select the first result.
- On The Sims 4 page, click Play the game. This will launch a new installation window.
- Follow the installation process. Once this is complete, you can now start playing The Sims 4.
Besides The Sims 4, you can also find several other fantastic titles on Steam. As long as you know how to find the best games Steam has to offer, you’ll never be bored again. But if you don’t have the app yet, here’s how to install Steam on your PC.
If you are a fan of EA games, you can download the EA app instead of Steam. You can also go this route if you’re a subscriber to Xbox Game Pass for PC or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, as it’s included in the subscription. Here’s how to use the EA Play Membership on the EA app with Xbox Game Pass.
But even if you don’t have an Xbox subscription, you can still enjoy The Sims 4 through the EA app. Just follow these steps:
- Launch the EA app. On the search bar near the top of the window, type The Sims 4 and press enter.
- Click on The Sims 4 result, then press the To download button.
- Once the download and installation is complete, press the To play on The Sims 4 page.
With this, you can start enjoying The Sims 4 on your Windows PC through Steam or EA app. But if you’re on Mac, don’t worry. You can still play The Sims 4, but you must use another EA service.
How to get The Sims 4 on Mac
A quarter of a year after the initial launch of The Sims 4, EA made the game available on macOS. Unfortunately, the game does not have a macOS version on Steam and the EA app is not available on Mac.
So, to get The Sims 4 on your Apple computer, you need to use Origin instead.
- Download and install the Origin app on your Mac. Remember to give the app all necessary permissions after opening it for the first time.
- After logging in, click the Search bar and type The Sims 4. Click on the appropriate search result.
- On The Sims 4 page, click Add to library. In the Added to your library window, click Download with Origin.
- Once the download is complete, go to My game library and click on The Sims 4. In the window that appears, click To play.
With this, you can now create Sims and bring them to life on your Mac for free.
How to Download and Play The Sims 4 on Xbox Series X|S
Although The Sims 4 is not available on the Xbox app on Windows PCs, you can find it on the Xbox console itself. Here’s how to install The Sims 4 on your Xbox.
- Go to the Store on your Xbox home screen, then click Look for.
- Type The Sims 4; you should see it on the Suggested results tab above your text input.
- Select The Sims 4 game and press A on your Xbox controller.
- Picking out Install on The Sims 4 page.
- Once the installation is complete, click on the Xbox button on your controller, and you should see the game listed under My games and apps.
- Click on play and you should be able to start playing The Sims 4 for free on your Xbox.
With this, you can start designing houses and creating families of Sims on your Xbox.
How to Download and Play The Sims 4 on PlayStation 5
If you’ve managed to get your hands on Sony’s ninth-gen console, you can also get The Sims 4 for free. Here’s how to get it on your PS5 console.
- On the PlayStation 5 home screen, navigate to Play store.
- In PlayStation Store, click the Search iconand type The Sims 4.
- In the search results, click The Sims 4 to open the game page.
- Once on the game page, choose To download.
- Once the download is complete, you can start playing The Sims 4 from your library.
With this, you can start playing The Sims 4 on your PlayStation 5. Build the houses you want and have your Sims do things you can only imagine in real life right on your PS5 console.
Enjoy The Sims 4 for Free
The Sims 4 is an exciting and enjoyable game that lets players exercise their creativity. And now that it’s free, more people can have fun. So whether you’re a PC enthusiast, Mac enthusiast, Xbox gamer, or PlayStation fan, you can get The Sims 4 and be part of SimNation.