How to fix “Google Drive files cannot be downloaded” issue on PC
This tutorial is for how to fix “Google Drive files cannot be downloaded” issue on PC. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to fix “Google Drive files cannot be downloaded” issue on PC. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to fix “Google Drive files cannot be downloaded” problem on PC
Thanks to Gmail’s dominance in both our personal and professional lives, many of us have switched to Google Drive for our cloud storage needs. Google Drive is a great tool overall. Personal accounts get 15 GB of free storage; Basic business accounts get 30 GB. You can edit all kinds of documents, including Microsoft Office documents, right in the app. You can even share files with others and download them too.
However, the download part is sometimes interrupted. Do a quick online search and you will see many messages asking for help such as “Google Drive does not allow me to download my files”. A common error here is HTTP 403 indicating that access has been denied to … the google content.com user. Logically, you might be wondering how this can be and why Google is restricting access to its own files.
Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why you can’t download Google Docs and explore some of the ways you can fix it.
HTTP web cookies are a small set of data stored by your browser on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies help websites remember and identify the user to save login information and other data to prevent invalid logins. Google Drive also requires access to cookies to keep the user logged in. If you have blocked cookies from Google.com by mistake, Google Drive will not be able to download the files. To enable cookies.
- Go to Chrome settings.
- Click here on Confidentiality and security then on Cookies and other site data.
- Now scroll down and click on the Enable all cookies bubble.
- If you’re viewing Google-related sites, click the vertical 3-dot icon next to it to open more options and hit Allow.
- Now reload the Gdrive site and this will allow you to download the file without any problem.
Download the file in zip format
Sometimes the file may not download a single drive. Google Drive or the browser will block the download. If you see such errors, you can download multiple files together and the desired file; this will compress the files that you can download and extract.
- Select two or more files with the file you want to download.
- Click on the 3 vertical dots menu option at the top and tap on the Download option.
- The GDrive will start compressing the files.
- Once done, the files will be uploaded.
Create a new copy and download it
Sometimes GDrive blocks the download if the file is downloaded more than once in a short period of time. This causes the download limit to be exceeded and the daily download quota to end. If the file does not download due to heavy traffic, you can make a copy of the file and download the copied file.
- Find the file.
- Click on the file and tap on the Make a copy option.
- Once the file is copied, right click on the file and tap on the Download option.
- Go to chrome: // extensions
- Find Blocker Extension here and turn off the toggle.
Alternative solution with Chrome extension
You can use the Chrome extension to download the content of the page. You can find a number of Chrome extensions from the download manager. I recommend you to try Chrono Download Manager. The Chrono will search the web page for all downloadable content and organize it in the extension menu from which you can download the images, videos, audio or any other downloadable file.
- Download and add Chrono Download Manager to Chrome browser.
- Load the Google Drive preview page from which you want to download the file.
- Click on the extension and you will see the files to download.
- Select the file and press the download button.
- The file will be downloaded in the Chrono download manager extension.
Clear browser cache
Often times, clearing your web browser’s cache can help you overcome issues as minor as the file download error. Cache build-up can sometimes cause the page to malfunction, and even though the server may download the file, the browser is somehow unable to retrieve the files from the servers; a simple flush of the cache can go a long way.
- Click Chrome Settings.
- Now click on Privacy and Security in the sidebar menu and click on the Clear browsing data option.
- A dialog box will appear; Here, select Cached images and files and click on Clear data.
Check the internet connection and turn off the VPN
GDrive will have difficulty downloading files when the internet connection is weak or continues to disconnect. Additionally, if you are using a VPN and have multiple proxy issues, your internet connection may be hampered. Therefore, to avoid download issues, you should make sure you are using a stable Wi-Fi or mobile data connection when downloading files with decent internet speeds. In addition, you should also turn off all VPN services that are running on your phone.
Google regularly updates the browser with security and performance fixes. As the internet grows, the web community works steadily to make browsing safer. If you are using an older version of the browser, it is better to update the browser to the latest version. Using an older version of the browser will block downloads because the TLS security protocol does not match the required download settings. To update the browser;
- Click Chrome Settings.
- Here, click on About Chrome in the sidebar menu and refresh the browser.
Use the Google Drive API
You can use the Google Drive API to directly download the file from the GoogleAPIS server and avoid any obstacle to the download. All you need is an API key and a URL to share the file. You can download large files using this method without going through virus scan warnings.
Try private browsing or another browser
If the file does not download through the Chrome browser, you can try incognito windows or another browser. This will help you eliminate browser crashes and download the file without downloading issues.
Final Words: How To Fix “Google Drive Files Cannot Be Downloaded” Problem On PC
hope you will understand this item How to fix “Google Drive files cannot be downloaded” issue on PC, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.