Java Snr Developer (Application Platform Services) (JHB) at Datafin Recruitment
JOIN the high performance application platform services team of a leading global insurer looking for your coding expertise to be its next Snr Java Developer. You will work on exciting new projects and product enhancements for web and mobile platforms, supporting projects throughout the project lifecycle, including requirements, design, implementation, publication and post-publication support. The Senior Java Developer in the Application Platform Services area must be technically capable of supporting and maintaining applications deployed in development, test, and production environments. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of Matric/Grade 12 with 6 years of Java systems development including proficiency in Java EE, SOAP, REST, WebLogic and experience with unit testing and simulation frameworks, control of source with GIT and OO design principles and development patterns.
- Develop, test and maintain deployed application software with high quality.
- Analyze, maintain and improve existing applications and troubleshoot issues efficiently.
- Make an accurate development estimate.
- Produce technical specifications and designs.
- May assist with quality assurance and provide feedback.
- Present to key stakeholders.
- Provide peer support and guidance.
- Perform analysis at a strategic level and understand the principles of business, technical and enterprise architecture.
- Matric/Grade 12 and formal Java qualifications.
- 6 years of experience developing Java systems.
- Knowledge and experience of Java EE.
- Experience with SOAP and REST services.
- Unit testing and mocking frameworks.
- Source control, experience with GIT.
- Experience with industry standard application servers (preferably WebLogic).
- Knowledge of OO design principles and development patterns.
- Technical and commercial writing skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Computer science related degree or diploma (BSc/BTech or similar).
- Angular frame.
- Spring frame.
- SQL and ORM experience.
- Experience using formal modeling languages (UML, etc.) and modeling tools (Enterprise Architect, Visual Paradigm, etc.).
- Exposure to Agile principles and methodologies, including continuous integration and test-driven development.
- Specialized degree.
- DevOps/Continuous Integration.
- Exposure to the suite of Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo and Bitbucket).
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Autonomous who takes ownership, is responsible and is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about technology and development.
- Results oriented with the ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple concurrent projects with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Personal organization and time management skills.
- Communication skills (written, verbal/presentation and listening).
- Stress management.
- Customer focused.
- Results oriented.
- Able to resolve conflicts.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with people from all walks of life and at different job levels.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.