Job: Application Developer | Forests online
Develop, create and modify general computer application software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for customer use to optimize operational efficiency. Can analyze and design databases in an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. May supervise computer programmers.
Our head office is currently looking for a Web/Application Developer. This role will design, develop and maintain web-based solutions for Waste Connections’ various web-based applications. The ideal candidate should have experience in web development and web services development. The developer must have excellent communication skills and be able to discuss and develop requirements with multiple levels of company and field employees. This is a multi-faceted role where you will support multiple stakeholders. You will need to be flexible and be able to switch ‘hats’ seamlessly.
Maintain legacy websites, suggest improvements if needed, help migrate to new models.
Developed a large in-house financial web application using Angular and ASP.NET Core.
Help improve processes and develop new ways to help stakeholders and customers.
Assist in the maintenance of the intranet and help other IT departments and other departments to update and use it as well.
Create/maintain a library for technical notes and documentation on web architecture and details.
Provide support to field staff in troubleshooting and resolving a variety of financial applications.
Help develop solutions for innovative process improvement.
Training of end users on financial applications.
Help gather requirements for new projects
Helps communicate with business accounting, finance and IT
Creation and maintenance of T-SQL queries and stored procedures for data analysis and extraction.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field. (Information systems, computer science or related discipline)
- 3-5 years working in a web development role or capacity
- Knowledge of web-related technologies such as analytics, security, Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Interest and ability to understand financial reports, accounting concepts and related accounting data. (Accounting experience an asset)
- Experience developing/troubleshooting solutions using MS SQL Server, Visual Studio, SQL Profiler, VS Remote debugger.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting systems is a plus
What’s in it for you?
You’ll join a team environment and a great company known for its service leadership and “work hard, play harder” culture. The competitive compensation package includes excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long-term disability, life insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. You’ll also partner with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
For more information and to apply, go to www.wasteconnections.com.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)