Senior Web Application Developer – Hypepotamus
Calloquia is poised to redefine the legal sector with technologies that improve the delivery of legal services while improving access to justice. Our company was founded by a litigator from a leading law firm to solve the day-to-day problems of the legal profession. Our mission is to harness the power of technology to make the justice system more fair, accessible and efficient.
We are looking for seasoned developers to join our team. It will be a dynamic and rapid role with a multitude of responsibilities. You will help us shape the future of Calloquy and be a key member of the team to help us launch the business.
Calloquy is recruiting a team of developers in this process and we encourage applicants with diverse skills to apply. This may include in-depth specialties in the areas listed below as well as varying levels of experience.
- Play a lead role in the development team in support of the overall platform lifecycle.
- Actively work with senior management to develop and refine the application to support the functional requirements.
- Actively collaborate with the DevOps team on related components including infrastructure, automation, deployment, and security.
- Support efforts to establish and ensure compliance with the security and safety measures necessary to protect confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Support efforts to develop and implement quality assurance processes to ensure feature sets are ready for customer use.
- Help develop and promote the company’s culture of success and dedication to customer service.
- Other assigned tasks.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Solid experience in developing web applications using PHP.
- Solid experience with the PHP Laravel framework.
- Experience in HTML and CSS.
- Experience in database management, in particular MySQL.
- Specific knowledge or experience with AWS CodePipeline and AWS CodeBuild.
- Familiarity or experience with standard web security components (OWASP Top 10) such as access control, XSS and SQL Injection.
- Able to support and design systems that respect security and process compliance.
- AWS certifications are beneficial.
- “Can do” attitude and “do it” mentality.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- GIT or similar version control like Jenkins etc.
- Cloud mindset: understanding of containers, CI / CD and Kubernetes clusters.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including product, design, analysis, marketing and sales teams.
- A humble team player who actively participates in the development of his peers.
Education and experience:
We suggest that to be suitable for this role you have demonstrable skills in most of the technologies listed above, and approximately 5 years or more of relevant experience.
We value candidates who can implement our vision and help us create a platform that changes the industry for the legal industry. What is important to our mission is that you can work in the technologies listed here, rather than in specific training. If you have a computer science degree, great. Attended a bootcamp? Marvellous. Have you been a consultant for years and have the portfolio to demonstrate? You are welcome to apply.
Our values and beliefs:
Work for the collective good
We are a for-profit company with a social mission. We strive to promote the collective good of our employees, our customers, our shareholders and justice.
We strive to create a fair legal system that protects the rights of all individuals and promotes the rule of law in a cost-effective manner. Bring in your big ideas and get ready to implement them.
Do the right thing
Doing the “right thing” is never the wrong thing. Always strive to do what’s right for our customers, for our business, and for the rule of law.
Dignity for all
Diversity, inclusion and belonging are the key to our success. We aim to create more equal access to the justice system, and we foster a culture that is inclusive and supports all team members in achieving their professional goals. We value our customers and treat our colleagues with respect.
Solve the problem
When you see a problem, don’t assume that someone else is already working on the solution. We all take responsibility for identifying and resolving issues for our stakeholders.
Learn from our mistakes
We are all human and we will all make mistakes. Join them. Learn from them and grow.
Gain someone’s trust
Trust is essential to the success of our business. In every action we take, we must determine whether it is the action that will deepen or destroy trust.
We have ambitious goals and we are actively working to achieve them. The willingness to act, even in the face of uncertainty, will be essential to our success.
Hire and retain the best
Our people are our most valuable asset. We need to have the processes and systems in place to ensure that we hire and retain the best. Period.
Help others succeed
We must all strive for constant professional development. Professional growth requires great mentors, thoughtful leaders, and a desire to see others succeed.
How to register:
Email us your resume and a note of interest to tell us about yourself and why this position may be suitable at [email protected]
Calloquy embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. We believe that the more inclusive our team, the better our work will be.
Comments are closed.